Pastor of Care and Counseling (Full-time)
Care and Counseling
Associate Pastor, Paul Goebel
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Purpose of Job
Shepherd the congregation of PCPC to extend the transforming presence of the kingdom of Jesus Christ to Dallas and to the world by leading PCPC’s Care and Counseling Ministries and caring for our members.
Individual Job Responsibilities
Abide in Christ
- Dependent, abiding relationship with Christ
Lead Care and Counseling Ministry
- Give leadership to influence and cultivate a healthy culture of soul care in our church body
- Lead in developing and implementing a comprehensive vision and strategy for Care and Counseling Ministry that is consistent and integrated into PCPC’s vision
- Serve on PCPC Staff Leadership Team as Primary Leader for Care and Counseling Ministry
- Lead and equip our congregation to serve and participate in PCPC Care and Counseling Groups
- Provide pastoral care and counseling for PCPC members and for our community
Oversee Care and Counseling Team
- Direct reports to include: Pastor of Marriage and Member Care, Pastor to Senior Adults, Pastor to Families, Pastor Emeritus, Director of Counseling, and Coordinator for Pastoral Care
- Oversee the execution and integration of Care and Counseling Lay Ministry Teams (including Diaconate, Session Priest Working Group, Care Teams, Parish Teams, Benevolence Committee, and Care and Counseling Lay Leadership)
- Oversee and establish best practices for Pastor on Call Ministry
Other Pastoral Responsibilities
- Preach and teach, as required, on Sunday mornings as well as in other ministry venues
- Assist in worship services
- Perform baptisms, communion, weddings, and memorial services, as needed
Education and Experienced Preferred
College degree and seminary degree required. Counseling training highly desired. Must meet all requirements set forth in the Book of Church Order for the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Eight plus years of executive leadership and pastoral experience necessary. Must be ministry driven and have the education required by PCA.
Qualifications - Competencies
Experienced counselor. Shepherd’s heart. Organizational leader. Team oriented. Adept in training leaders. Able to inspire shared vision.
- Overall Strategic Focus – Aligns and integrates ideas, initiatives, and objectives with PCPC vision; evaluates impact to all ministry and service areas of the church.
- Provides & Exemplifies Ministry Team Leadership – Provides biblical, effective leadership; cares for the spiritual needs of team members; develops and articulates ministry vision, outcomes, and individual member contributions; leads through change and adversity; builds consensus when appropriate; motivates and encourages others after wise counsel and prayer; makes the tough call when needed with peace and conviction.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Able to recognize problems; gathers all facts; sorts through complex issues with prayer and wisdom; seeks input and counsel from others; able to make difficult decisions and communicate decisions directly to all involved parties in a timely manner.
- People Development – Challenges employees, members, volunteers, and others to grow and increase their skills; motivates and encourages individuals; equips, trains, mentors, and disciples others for success; provides resources and support; provides feedback and coaching with discernment and wisdom.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.