Two-Year High School Female Youth Resident (Full-time)
Ministry Leader of High School
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Alignment with Mission and Vision
Out of the overflow of an abiding relationship with Jesus and in the context of a team (both the youth staff and volunteer leaders), a youth resident seeks to reach students who do not know Jesus, disciple those who do, and send disciples to be servants and missionaries in Dallas and the world.
Purpose of Job
Lead students and families into the body of Christ, nurture them in their relationship with Christ, and equip them to serve in the name of Christ. Perform all work to the glory of God.
- Pursue personal growth, theological understanding, and ministry assessment; meet with youth staff weekly for discipleship, training and support; meet with the Pastor of Family Ministries every other month for personal growth, ministry assessment, and encouragement; complete all assignments and fulfill assigned responsibilities
- Participate in Student Ministry Team development; recruit and oversee team of 4-5 lay leaders; assist in training and developing the team; meet with one or more your team weekly for discipleship, training and support; meet with your whole team monthly; meet with the entire Student Ministry Team monthly
- Participate in the planning, leading and evaluation of assigned student ministry events including weekly Sunday school, weekly small group bible studies, special events, camps, conferences, retreats, mission trips, etc.
- Participate in intentional relational ministry (contact work) with students; spend time with students outside youth ministry programs and events; visit students on their own turf (i.e., school, sporting events, home, etc.); take students on road trips, camping or other informal events; pursue lost students as well as those who know the Lord
- Assist in the development of ministry tools, programs, and events
- Interface with other ministries and departments to better understand each and its role within the church
- Perform assigned duties and tasks in a manner that contributes to team outcomes rather than personal glory
- Accountable for team behavior and contribution
- Good steward of resources
- Perform required administrative duties
- Pursue and build meaningful, personal relationships with staff, other interns, youth and parents of youth
Education and Experienced Preferred
College degree. Biblical and reformed degree is commendable but not required.
Qualifications - Competencies
- Is a self-starter; generates new ideas to improve ministry area(s); anticipates problems and follows through with supporting action without being prompted.
Judgment & Objectivity - Able to assess situations accurately and make a confident and knowledgeable decision in the absence of his/her immediate supervisor; able to recognize and forecast challenges and/or problems; has the ability to make decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; elevates concerns or problems to immediate supervisor and/or pastoral leadership when necessary; able to see issues from multiple perspectives and prioritize tasks and/or actions accordingly.
Management of Resources - Accurately estimates resources and time required to complete tasks and/or projects; identifies and secures resources needed to complete tasks and initiatives; makes efficient use of resources; able to work effectively and manage resources with limited or partial information; keeps immediate supervisor/pastoral leadership well informed regarding management of resources and/or problems that arise.
Interacts with People at Different Levels - Comfortable interacting with people at all levels of the organization; uses words and messages appropriately given the background and interests of the people he/she is talking to; adjusts style of conversation based on the audience.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.