Sexton (Event and Custodial Support/Maintenance Tech) (Full-time)
Facilities & Property Management
Manager of Events
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Caretaker of the church buildings, furniture and grounds. Provides facility, office and equipment maintenance.
Purpose of Job
Provide support for events, cleaning, maintenance and various general duties to facilitate ministry effectiveness. Assist staff, church members and PCPC ministries as requested. Perform all PCPC work to the glory of God.
Abide in Christ. Model Christ-like behavior. Pray for the church, leaders, and each other.
Individual Job Responsibilities
5% Event Management Software
- Check Event Management Software (EMS) daily for room set-up reports
- Notify Manager of Events of any problems or needs concerning EMS
- Be sure vehicles are ready for any EMS van reservations (clean, gassed up, in parking lot, keys in notebook)
50% Event Support
- Clean scheduled event rooms before and after (dispose of all paper plates, coffee cups, and other debris)
- Complete room set ups in an accurate and timely manner
- Be available and visible during major events such as concerts, large banquets, special all-church functions
- Make sure room is acceptable to reservation requestor, and make changes if needed
- Keep an eye on no-show bookings, events that were not reserved, or use of items that were not reserved
- Assist caterers if help is needed with food set-up
- Wash dishes for Midweek dinner when it occurs
10% Custodial Support / Interior Cleaning
- Ongoing: maintain spills, accidents, and cleaning issues that may come up at any time
- As needed: based on housekeeper availability and/or timing of events, help clean and sanitize restrooms
5% Safety and Security
- Be available to walk staff to their car after hours, if needed
- Keep an eye on unlocked doors, strangers in the building, or other issues that could be a safety concern
- Inform Manager of Events or Facilities Manager of any security concerns
30% Maintenance, Work Orders, and Other General Duties
- Daily: report maintenance needs to Facilities Manager (broken doors, stopped up sinks, dripping faucets, burned out light bulbs)
- Daily: perform work orders as assigned by Facilities Manager (minor repairs, changing light bulbs, patching/painting walls)
- Perform minor repairs and report needs for major maintenance
- Do minor remodeling work, remove and/or replace sheet rock, walls, doors, framing, etc.
- Assemble and move furniture, bookcases, carts, etc.
- Maintain neat physical appearance of the property at all times
- Take initiative to inspect all areas of buildings and grounds to make sure everything is properly maintained
Education and Experienced Preferred
High school graduate or GED. Two years of experience as a custodian/sexton or in the setup, cleaning, and maintenance of a large building and grounds. Must be able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner to perform the minimum requirements of the job. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and transport up to 150 pounds with mechanical assistance.
Qualifications - Competencies
Top competencies and level of proficiency required (expert, advanced, basic)
- Communication – Basic; fluency in English language (proficient enough to perform minimum requirements of the job)
- Problem Solving
- Physical demands must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position
- Work requires diligence, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence
- Normal office and church environment
- 40 hours with an option of occasional overtime
- Shift office hours and days vary from weekday or weekend, and from morning, afternoon, or evening
- Sunday required twice a month
- Task driven workload
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.