Purpose of Job
The Senior Director of Family Ministries is a full-time position to lead the PCPC Family Ministry in accomplishing its mission: to help families connect to Jesus and each other, abide in Jesus, and extend Jesus to their neighbors and the world.
Individual Job Responsibilities
Ministry Leaders of Nursery, Preschool, Elementary, Middle School High School, Female Discipleship, and VBS & Special Events.
The Senior Director of Family Ministries is responsible for:
- overseeing and managing the Family Ministries staff,
- implementing the strategy of Family Ministries
- executing the Christian Formation goals for our children aged 0-18 that have been approved by the Session (available upon request).
Due to the importance of Family Ministries to the overall health of the church, a four-person team consisting of the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Pastor to Families, and the Senior Director of Family Ministries will meet at least once per month to review the health of the Family Ministries to determine how the broader church can help.
The Senior Director of Family Ministries and Pastor to Families will meet weekly to ensure open communication and alignment.
The Senior Director of Family Ministries will encourage engagement with the Director of Women’s Ministries.
Major Key Job Responsibilities
Implement strategy to execute on Christian Formation goals for 0-18 year-olds.
- Overall accountability for implementing a Family Ministry strategy to execute the Christian Formation goals that the Session approved for PCPC’s 0-18 year-old children and youth.
- Ensure scope and sequence of the Christian Formation goals are being consistently and effectively implemented and/or taught at each age level.
Build and manage high-performing team.
- Attract, retain, and develop Ministry Leaders for each of the separate Family Ministries (e.g., Nursery, Pre-School, Elementary, Middle School, and High School.)
- Coach and develop the Ministry Leaders and other staff members to reach their full potential, including regular performance reviews to enhance the levels of positive and developmental feedback throughout the team.
- Role model biblical leadership skills to the staff (e.g., biblical feedback and conflict management)
- Ensure team members work toward reasonable participation goals in each ministry department.
Work with the Family Committee to maintain an active Sunday presence throughout our Family Ministries.
- Maintain an energetic presence on Sunday mornings, rotating among different Family Ministries to observe, coach, and lead where needed.
- Serve as an active coordinator on Sunday mornings by taking accountability for overseeing, managing, and troubleshooting Family Ministry programming and activities on Sunday mornings.
- Be visible by members and visitors as an active welcoming presence for PCPC, within the church and the broader community.
Build a culture of joy, enthusiasm, and creative ways of extending Jesus to our children, youth, and visitors.
- Create and foster a culture of joy throughout Family Ministries.
- Identify and implement creative ways to introduce children and youth to Jesus and to assist them in developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Encourage new methods and events throughout the ministry to keep PCPC ministry fresh to old and new members.
Actively build your own spiritual maturity.
- Continue developing biblical knowledge to inform key ministry, leadership, and worldview decisions.
- Develop relationships with elders, deacons, church staff, and other members to build a support network.
- Maintain an active presence in worship at PCPC.
Financial Oversight & Stewardship
- Respects and handles all resources as sacred to the Lord; plans realistically for and makes highest and best use of financial resources
- Works within ministry budget throughout the fiscal year; tracks and properly accounts for expenditures; aligns ministry budget goals and outcomes with overall PCPC vision
Education and Experienced Preferred
College degree and five-plus years of ministry leadership experience required. Seminary degree preferred. Must be ministry driven and possess experience in relationship and team building, conflict resolution, and planning. Must possess excellent communication skills and exhibit innovative thinking. PCPC membership required. Open to male and female candidates; not required to be ordained.