Ministry Leader for Missionary Care and Development (Full-time)
Job FamilyMinistry Leader
Missions and Church Planting
Senior Director of Missions & Church Planting
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Ministry driven; heavily interfaces with membership and coordinates volunteer schedules; high level of activity and people-facilitation. Plans, directs, organizes, and coordinates resources for activities, processes, projects and/or events for department/ministry area. Establishes strategy, determines direction, and sets objectives; responsible for outcomes. Usually teaches, trains, mentors, equips, and/or disciples. Provides staff and/or volunteer leadership and accountability; usually recruits and trains volunteers. Advanced people skills and solid database skills required.
Purpose of Job
Serve as primary contact for PCPC missionaries. Coordinate details for all ministry needs and aspects of missionary care. Help determine and coordinate financial support for missionaries. Coordinate events for missionaries. Communicate with and mobilize PCPC members and other PCPC ministries to be involved with missionaries. Lead Missionary Development Process (THRIVE) and the Missionary Prayer Ministry; serve as liaison for the Missionary Townhouse. Perform all PCPC work to the glory of God.
The employee’s primary duty is the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general ministry operations of the church or church membership; and the employee’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Individual Job Responsibilities
Abide in Christ
- Depending, abiding relationship with Christ personally expressed through the Five Statements of Identity.
(50%) Facilitate Missionary Care
- Serve as primary contact for 42 PCPC missionary families.
- Coordinate missionary care by being the first contact with visiting missionaries and assisting them as needed.
- Coordinate ongoing missionary care for 11 PCPC missionary families who live in Dallas, and new missionaries before they move overseas.
- Lead prayer effort for PCPC missionaries.
- Serve as liaison for the PCPC Missionary Townhouse.
- Lead Missionary Care working group and Missionary Link Ministry.
- Facilitate the updating of missionary financial and contact information to church files.
(15%) Lead PCPC Missionary Development Process (THRIVE)
- Assess, equip, and disciple missionary candidates; recruit mentors and coordinate training and commissioning.
- Work with PCPC members who desire international internships or gap years.
(10%) Coordinate Events for Missionaries
- Develop, plan, and coordinate events for PCPC missionaries.
- Assist with the planning of mission conferences.
(10%) Facilitate Missionary Communications with PCPC members and Leadership
- Promote communication between PCPC missionaries and the congregation (individually and through group events).
- Send out annual questionnaires to missionaries; receive and compile information from them.
- Oversee compilation of quarterly missionary prayer requests into Prayer Booklets (online and printed).
- Prepare written and verbal reports on missionaries and projects as needed.
- Review and respond to missionary and ministry support requests.
- Coordinate with City Missions to update monthly prayer calendar.
(5%) Assist in Budget Preparation and Planning
- Coordinate the development of annual support level recommendations for PCPC missionaries.
- Assist with one-time requests for funding throughout the year.
(5%) Mobilize PCPC Members
- Encourage PCPC members’ and PCPC ministries’ involvement with PCPC missionaries.
- Serve as one of the contacts for missionaries seeking to partner with PCPC.
- Work with PCPC Communications to coordinate publicity for missionaries.
- Attend New Members Class when the Missions ministry is presented and assist in connecting new members into mission activities.
(5%) Provide Support to Missions Team Members
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Assist other Missions staff as needed.
Education and Experienced Preferred
College degree and missions experience are preferred. Five years administration/coordination experience and four years of managing projects/events preferably in non-profit environment. Must be highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks. Must take initiative. Must possess devotion to prayer, passion for missions, and heart for hospitality and ministry to missionaries. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher) and Zoom. PCPC membership is highly desired.
- Area of work enhances ministry opportunity by coordinating workflow and resources
- Heavy involvement with volunteers, church members and visitors
- Work has 3-year planning and budget focus with alignment with PCPC vision
- Work requires a project management approach and resourcefulness for simultaneous projects
- Work requires interaction with diverse cultures
- Normal office and church environment
- Standard and non-standard office hours and days
- Highly relational and team oriented
- Process and/or project driven workload
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.