Director of Children's and Youth Choirs (Full-time)
Job FamilyMinistry Leader
Music and Arts
Senior Director of Music & Arts
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Single ministry oversight. Provides staff and/or volunteer leadership and accountability for a specific ministry.Provides staff and/or volunteer leadership and accountability; usually recruits and trains volunteers.
Purpose of Job
As a Ministry Leader at PCPC, provide oversight of Children’s and Youth Choirs, which includes extensive volunteer management. Create goals for Children’s and Youth Choirs with significant accountability and linkage to the leadership and goals of Music & Arts and church objectives. Perform all PCPC work to the glory of God.
PRAY for the church, leaders, and each other. ABIDE in Christ. MODEL Christ-like behavior.
Individual Job Responsibilities
A. Supervise (40%)
- Supervise a comprehensive graded Children’s and Youth Choir Program, kindergarten through twelfth grade
- Provide leadership for pre-schoolers and other children, down to age two
- Present music in worship, concerts, and other events in the life of the church
- Provide opportunities for additional musical growth for choirs through participation in choral festivals and PCPC-related ministries
- Seek opportunities to encourage musical growth for all PCPC children, including pre-schoolers
B. Nurture and Pursue Ministry (15%)
- Nurture the spiritual growth of singers
- Pursue ministry to singers and their families, including praying for them and with them; encourage prayer support among choir families; and foster family/community life among choir families
- Visit singers and their families in the hospital; coordinate ministry to families in need
- Attend singers’ activities: music recitals, choral concerts, basketball games, etc.
- Pursue personal spiritual growth; pursue professional development
C. Partner (10%)
- Partner with parents in discipling their children
- Serve as music resource at PCPC and in the community
D. Oversee (10%)
- Recruit, train and supervise children’s choir accompanists, student mentors, and parent volunteers
- Coordinate volunteers for choir rehearsals and for choir participation in worship services and concerts
- Monitor progress of volunteers
- Offer appropriate recognition for volunteer service
E. Administrate (15%)
- Be responsible for administrative details, including selecting repertoire with solid biblical texts, publicity, room reservations, rehearsal attendance, organization of robes, preparing for recording projects, purchasing snacks, and planning social activities
- Serve on assigned committees
- Serve with team to accomplish Music & Arts goals
- Have team goals as well as individual contributor objectives
- Assist in creating and managing budget for Children’s and Youth Choirs
F. Provide Instruction (10%)
- Pursue good pedagogical principles, including creating well-ordered learning environments in rehearsals and classes
- Provide private instruction as needed and opportunities for musical growth outside of regular choir rehearsals
- Provide hand bell instruction as needed
- Set objectives for Children’s and Youth Choirs
Education and Experienced Required
College degree in Music Education. Five years proven experience in vocal/choral pedagogy or equivalent. Must possess choral directing capabilities and understanding of vocal pedagogy for all ages.
Qualifications - Competencies
- Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Heavy involvement with volunteers and church members
- Work has 12-month planning and budget focus with alignment with Music & Arts goals
- Requires effective managerial and organizational skills
- Normal office and church environment
- Non-standard office hours and days
- Ministry driven with significant ministry work requirements
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.