Childcare Worker (Part-time)
Job FamilyChildcare Worker
Families and Community
Ministry Leader to Nursery & Childcare
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Highly relational and child friendly; must be able to work with and minister to children ages 0 to Kindergarten; reliable worker and able to step in when needed to lead and teach in the classroom. Assist lead teachers weekly with needs for the class. Must listen carefully. Highly attentive to the needs and safety of children.
Purpose of Job
Assist the Childcare ministry in the care and nurture of children 0 to Kindergarten for weekly Bible Studies and other church events requiring childcare. Must be able to lead class from time to time if regular lead teacher is absent.
Individual Job Responsibilities
Abide in Christ
- Dependent, abiding relationship with Christ personally expressed through the Five Statements of Identity
Unique Skills and Knowledge (90%)
- Ability to interact with children and adults
- Good communication skills
- Ensure proper pick-up and drop-off procedures are followed by children and parents.
- Adept at handling stressful situations
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Work with minimal physical restrictions; being able to stand for extended periods and to sit on the floor and play with children
- Assist children with transition from one task to another.
Parents and Children (10%)
- Build meaningful relationships with children.
- Greet each child and parent with warmth and joy as they arrive.
- Answer any questions parents may have as it relates to classroom time or lesson objectives for the day.
- Develop and build relationships with parents and children to facilitate spiritual growth, parent training, and resourcing.
Education and Experienced Preferred
School degree required. Two years minimum experience in Children’s Ministry on
a church staff or equivalent is preferred.
- Must love children
- Solid listening skills.
- Emotionally healthy person with proven relational gifts and ability to gracefully deal with conflict.
- Needs to be attentive to detail, able to multi-task, take initiative, and pursue excellence.
- Adhere to and maintain proper safety protocols outlined in the Childcare Ministry Handbook and in conjunction with Ministry Safe.
- Work is based on relationships and needs of the Children’s Ministry
- Highly relational and people intensive
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. Please note the job for which you are applying in the email. Thank you.