Job FamilyMinistry Leader
Missions and Church Planting
Senior Director of Missions & Church Planting
PCPC MissionTo extend the transforming presence of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in Dallas and to the world.
Ministry-driven; heavily interfaces with membership and volunteers; high level of activity and people-facilitation. Plans, directs, organizes, and coordinates resources for activities, processes, projects, and/or events for department/ministry area. Establishes strategy, determines direction, sets objectives, and is responsible for outcomes. Teaches, trains, mentors, equips, and/or disciples. Provides staff and/or volunteer leadership and accountability; usually recruits and trains volunteers.
Purpose of Job
Lead the short-term mission efforts by mobilizing and discipling through outreach trips and events. Encourage, recruit, train, and equip members for missional and evangelistic ministry by coordinating short-term mission opportunities.
Alignment with Mission and Vision
Extending God’s Kingdom through short-term opportunities. Connect members to missionary-minded teams who will share the gospel and serve together. In cross-cultural settings, members experience personal growth in faith by extending themselves and sharpening their evangelism gifts in hands-on ministry settings.
Individual Job Responsibilities
Abide in Christ
Establish short-term mission opportunities under the direction of the Missions’ Team leadership and in coordination with established strategic “sending plans” determined within each ministry of PCPC.
(May include some travel to ensure that mission trips are planned well.)
- Research and develop short-term mission trip/cultural exchange opportunities that support M&CPs philosophy of ministry by working with ministry partners (e.g., missionaries, indigenous leaders, Missions agencies)
- Facilitate short-term mission trips and cultural exchanges by collaborating with pastors, lay leaders, and staff
Recruit and train leadership for short-term mission teams
- Primary recruiter for team leaders/team members
- Train and equip team leaders (spiritually and logistically) for PCPC-directed trips
Prepare, organize, and maintain short-term mission material, files, and documentation
- Help assess and prepare for training of team leaders and members
- Prepare and update orientation materials for team leaders and members
- Organize and maintain information and files for each trip
- Update processes for efficiency
Oversee short-term mission team training
- Assure that teams are properly trained; includes attending some team meetings as needed (some Sundays and evenings required)
- Train team members on the PCPC process of fundraising
- Help establish and develop a vision and process for discipleship within short-term missions from elementary school children through adults, ensuring that training aligns and supports M&CP’s Philosophy of Ministry and PCPC’s spiritual formation goals. (“What goes deepest to the heart goes widest to the world.”)
Coordinate all logistics for short-term mission teams and work closely with missionaries
- Coordinate logistical support for mission trips and cultural exchanges, including establishing and maintaining budgets; making travel arrangements; establishing schedules by communicating with mission agencies, missionaries, and team leaders/members; maintaining and collecting trip payments; making distributions; investigating, organizing, and maintain insurance information for participants; work with M&CP staff to oversee cash advances and reconciliations
- Facilitate short-term mission trip information and time-sensitive paperwork (criminal background checks, PCPC applications, health & release forms, and insurance); create and maintain short-term trip binders as relevant for each trip; assist with trip arrangements and team meetings; ensure legal documents and immunizations are received before each trip; track fundraising; process cash advances and subsequent reconciliations for short-term mission teams
- Debrief with leadership and volunteers after each mission trip; capture life-changing testimonies to share with the congregation
Coordinate cross-cultural exchange opportunities
- Coordinate Dallas-based cultural exchange programs in conjunction with current partners and ministry emphasis on the field, where international guests visit Dallas to interact with Christian families (PCPC members), experience American culture, and learn English
Maintain standards of excellence in PCPC short-term mission trip endeavors
(includes some travel and leading of mission trips to ensure that challenges, solutions, and best practices are experienced)
- The primary goal of the mission trips is to ensure the needs of the field are met
- Facilitate interpersonal conflict resolution among team leaders and members
When appropriate, assist in mobilizing PCPC members (who have gone on short-term mission trips) into our missionary development program
Education and Experienced Preferred
A two-year associate's degree or equivalent experience is required; a four-year degree is preferred. Experience in cross-cultural mission work is required. Established history in mission trips is preferred. Five years of administrative coordination and four years of managing projects/events, preferably in a non-profit environment, are preferred. PCPC membership is desired.
Qualifications - Competencies
Proficient in Microsoft products. Must possess a heart for extending God’s kingdom. Should be extremely intuitive, decisive, competent in crisis management, able to teach with ease and clarity, and lead with wisdom, maturity, and humility. Must be a self-starter, strategic thinker, and team builder. Must be able to determine and discern the next steps with confidence. Excellent communication skills, comfort in cross-cultural situations, and the ability to interact with diverse cultures are essential. Work requires a project management approach and resourcefulness for simultaneous projects.
- Normal office and church environment; Christ-centered environment
- Mix of standard office hours and days; some non-standard office hours and days
- Must be able to work 15 – 25 times a year on Sundays
- Process and/or project driven workload